Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Story

So I finally get the chance to update and tell about Beckhams labor story. It's kinda funny but Luke and I were talking last Thursday about being ready for the baby to come and how we both thought that Friday would be the perfect day to have him. So in talking we decided that we were gonna do everything we could to make him come thinking that he was probably about ready anyways. So we started our plan with me going Thursday night for a pregnancy massage not only was it completely relaxing but they also did some reflexology which is supposed to help put you into labor. After my massage we swung by wal-mart to pick up some castor oil because after reading hundreds of stories online I had finally decided I was willing to give it a try. We woke up the next morning and I took the castor oil with oj at 8:30 (it wasn't too bad really) and went for a walk. We had been doing lots of walking the past week. The castor oil didn't do much for me and by late that afternoon I was pretty bummed really, so I decided to try again and took one more dose at 7:30 p.m. Luke and I started a movie late and still nothing was happening but then at 11:30 while watching a movie and getting a foot rub I had a major contraction, which was the beginning. By one o clock I was packing and knew my contractions weren't going to stop so we dropped Chalyn off at Luke's brothers and went to the hospital. I was still at only a 3 and 70% (much to my surprise) and I was having really bad back labor so as soon as they decided to keep me I had my epidural(I was planning natural but back labor was way harder than Chalyn's easy labor). My water broke just before five, the doctor got there at 5:55 and I pushed for two contractions and he was here. It was so quick and painless (after I had my epidural of course). We came home from the hospital Monday morning and brought him home in this crazy snow storm. It's almost June for crying out loud! Since we've been home we have been doing awesome. Recovery seems almost too easy and it's so fun to finally have Beckham here with us!




3 comments:

  1. Well-I hope you don't care that I found your blog. Congrats on your sweet little boy. And O-my word your little girl is a CUTIE! I'm sure this little man is going to be the same. Glad to hear labor was easy and good. :)If you don't know who this is; its Becky by the way-Luke's cousin....Anthony Gale's friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little family!! I'm glad everthing went well and I might have to look into castor oil for my next child! If there ever is one...haha. Maybe in 3 years! Anways, cute cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janae he's so cute and tiny. I can't wait to see him. And your maternity pictures are so cute I love them your gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete