Monday, January 2, 2012

The Big 4

I'm ready to get caught up on all of my holiday blogging and I get to start with my favorite event. Chalyn's birthday is December 11 and even though I wish she had a birthday in the summer (to spread out all of her gifts), I always get so excited for her birthday and this year was no exception. Ever since I took her to see The Little Mermaid at Tuachan this summer she has been just a tad bit obsessed with Ariel so I've known for a while that's what she wanted for her birthday. I didn't do a whole "party" per se, we just did dinner, one game, presents and cake and ice cream, but it was still such a joy to share her excitement as she played with all of her cousins and for her to shine as the center of attention on her special day. Chalyn is definitely one of a kind and her contagious smile and sweet personality fill me with more love and joy than I ever could have expected. She really is such a smart, silly, happy, energetic, persistent, loving and all around amazing little girl, and it is such an overwhelming privilege for me to be her mother.

The Beautiful Birthday Girl

Dinner Time

Beckham sat next to her most of the time she was opening gifts. They are so sweet together, and I love the little moments like this.

opening her barbie car

This is my sister helping the kids play the candy bar game

Cake and ice cream time. Poor Grant is always MAULED by the girls. ha ha

Her cake. I've found that I really enjoy making cakes I'm just not sure how to beat it next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment