Monday, January 2, 2012

Other December Fun!

This year I really tried hard to make it feel like christmas and spent more time than usual doing fun activities and playing with my kids. We had a countdown that they pulled something out of everyday and sometimes they got a gift or a treat but it usually had a fun activity for all of us to do. Some of the things were: going to the live nativity, wrapping a gift for someone else, painting Christmas fingers and toes, baking cookies, making a foam nativity, christmas movie night with yummy popcorn and treats, coloring chritmas pages, putting up our own nativity. and obviously lots more fun things. It made me slow down a bit and take time everyday for my kids and helped us all remember the the true meaning of christmas. Here are some other things that made December fun for our family.

The weekend after Thanksgiving we went and cut down our own tree with Eric and Ashlie. NO I didn't get even one picture of it decorated in our house since we spent christmas at my moms, and YES I am really mad at myself for forgetting.

My sweet girl decorating her (sprinkle cookies)

Baking with my mom. I love this picture because this is where Chalyn is a major part of the time when we are in St. George, next to my mom, doing whatever grandma will let her do whether it's baking, watering flowers, washing their faces and putting on beauty cream, or chalyn's favorite... taking out grandma's eyes (contacts) She is always glued to my mom.

Just a fun little craft I did with my mom. This is before I added the finishing touches and embellishments though, so it's really lots cuter than this.

Luke and I took the kids to the temple visitor center and to see the lights a few days before Christmas. It definitely helped me feel the true spirit of it all and the kids LOVED climbing all those stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment