Sunday, October 7, 2012

Beckhams Tonsillectomy

When I went with my family to San Diego back in the spring we all slept in the same hotel room and I noticed that Beck was snoring every night like crazy! I took a mental note at the time to have him checked out since I knew he didn't have a cold or anything. He caught a couple of colds the first part of the summer and since I was sick of him being sick and still worried about his snoring I finally took him to see the ENT. It only took one quick look for the doctor to say that he had to have his tonsils taken out. He said he hadn't ever seen tonsils that huge on such a little boy, and the symptoms he had indicated that he had sleep apnea which is scary because that means he wasn't getting enough air while he was sleeping.I had been concerned about him having surgery so young as soon as I heard that I was all for it. He had them taken out on August 1st at 7:00 in the morning. He was so brave when they took him from us and didn't even cry, I on the other hand was a completely different story. I was scared to death the entire time he was in the operating room and even though I knew the operation was no biggie I was on edge til the doctor came to tell me he was done. He did so great and we immediately saw a huge difference in the way he felt and acted. He wouldn't take any pain medication...Period, but he didn't really need it. within two hours he was riding his bike outside and the only time he ever complained at all was a few days later when the scabs came off. We had one night when he woke up twice but that was it. Thank heavens he did so good and I can tell he feels so much better these days because his attitude is WAY Better!
I just wanted to hold my baby as soon as I could, but of course he wanted nothing to do with me and wanted Luke. Ha Ha That's the way it goes.
They just layed right down on the waiting room floor while we tried to get some fluids in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment