Monday, October 8, 2012

Chalyn's First Day of Preschool

So I'm sure that most of you have already noticed that I'm pretty emotional when it comes to my kids so with that in mind you can probably imagine what a mess I was on the day that Chalyn started Preschool. Her first day was Sept. 4th and it was a day that I had been dreading for well her whole life. I have LOVED being able to stay at home with my kids and have gotten pretty used to being with them 24/7 so the thought of her leaving the home to go to school has absolutely terrified me. It's hard to let your kids spend a lot of time out of the home when you are used to being the one doing all of the teaching and influencing. It was definitely time though and I knew it would be so good for her. The morning she started school her daddy surprised her with her very own bouquet of flowers and note. It was so sweet and you could tell she felt so special. Not only did he earn major points with her but me too! We got all ready and took some pictures on the front step before taking her to school. Beckham got pretty sad when it was time to leave her and for the first few days he asked about her and missed her a ton but I think he is getting used to it now. I waited til I got home before I got home to cry, and when I did Luke was right there prepared with my flowers and special note for me too (he new it was gonna be hard on me). She is absolutely loving everything about school and has made some cute new friends. And even though I miss her in the mornings when she is gone, i've noticed i'm getting lots done with just one kid at home so i guess its not all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment